Okanagan Mission Community Hall - Kelowna (location map
Friday, 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM
09/29/17 - 12/01/17 (10 weeks)
Music Together Mixed Age Family Classes
for ages birth through 4 years old are based on the recognition that all children are musical. All children can learn to sing in tune,
keep a beat, and participate with confidence in the music of our culture, provided that their early environment supports such learning.
By emphasizing actual music experiences rather than concepts about music, Music Together introduces children to the pleasures of making
music instead of passively receiving it from CDs or TV.
Central to the Music Together approach is that young children learn best from the powerful role model of parents/caregivers who are actively
making music. The program brings families together by providing a rich musical environment in the classroom and by facilitating family
participation in spontaneous musical activity at home within the context of daily life.
So...What is Music Together?
- A community of families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants, and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting.
- Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of every child
- Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers participating at their own level in family-style classes of mixed ages
- Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child's music environment – regardless their own musical abilities
- A new song collection every semester for four years, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters, and cultural styles
- 45 minutes of PURE FUN with your child every week!